Sorry, Sold Out
About the Masterclass – How I Blend Building Thinking Classroom And The 5 Practices
Facilitating rigorous math problems with students can be a challenging balance between chaos and apathy. So, I’ll share how I’ve blended my favorite parts of Building Thinking Classrooms and the 5 Practices to create a process that leads to engaged students making powerful insights.
Bio: Robert Kaplinsky has been an educator since 2003 as a classroom teacher, teacher specialist for Downey Unified School District, instructor for the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and presenter at conferences around the world. He co-founded the website Open Middle, has been published in Edutopia and Education Week, is the author of Open Middle Math: Problems That Unlock Student Thinking, and created the #ObserveMe movement. He’s also the founder and president of Grassroots Workshops.
Not sure what to expect? – here is a link to a Blog Post that Robert Kaplinsky wrote on the work of the Thinking Classroom.
Senior Mathematics program includes:
- QCAA Syllabus Update – Evan Winter, Learning Area Manager – Mathematics, Senior Curriculum and Assessment
- Choosing a PSMT task… Evolving understanding. -Heather Meinecke, BBC
- Evolving Teaching Approaches, with the example of the Chain Rule Used. – Heather Meinecke, BBC
- “Where in the world” – Strategies to assist with teaching World Geometry Unit 3 – Narelle Morris
- “Making sense of 3D vectors” – Helping students understand the complexity of this topic in Unit 3. – Narelle Morris
- Topic TBC (let us know what you would like) – Associate Professor Barbara Maenhaut, University of Queensland