QAMT Celebrates the International Day of Mathematics (IDM) and Pi Day, 14 March
Join QAMT in the worldwide celebration of Mathematics and engage your students in understanding the essential role that mathematics and mathematics education play in breakthroughs in science and technology, improving the quality of life, empowering women and girls, and contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda (SDG1-17) of the United Nations.
Try these fun P-12 Maths day activities with your class and enter our Maths Day Competition.
Win great prizes in one of four Categories:
- P- Year 2: download questions and judging criteria here.
- Years 3-5: download questions and judging criteria here.
- Years 6-8: download questions and judging criteria here.
- Years 7-12: download questions and judging criteria here. Alternative Solargraph method
Download and try these fun mathematics activities with your class.
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure that your entry email also includes:
- The student’s first name, surname initial and year level
- School name
- A contact email and phone number so that we can contact winners (teacher’s school contact details for student privacy)
Entries close 29th April 2022 (term 2, week 2). Winners announced in the e-news of term 2.
Prizes are age appropriate mathematical resources (i.e. Books and games up to the value of $50).
For other great activities visit the International Day of Mathematics (IDM) website